MY Space (“we”, “us”, or “our”) respects your privacy and handles your personal data cautiously. This policy details the purpose of collecting your data, types of data we are collecting, and contact method for you to reach MY Space should there be any inquiry Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding how your personal data will be treated. This policy may be revised from time to time and you can refer to the updated version on our website at www.myspace.hk.
- Purposes for which we will use your Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected when you make a purchase or apply to be our member.
The purposes for which we may use your personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, these personal data will be marked as “Must be filled” in the Customer Record Card and you MUST provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you request. If personal data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to provide such information to us or not.
Purposes for which it is obligatory for you to provide your personal data are:
- Fulfill your purchase orders
- communicating to you your entitlements and privileges as our customer;
- enrolment into and maintaining your membership as our member;
- to manage your member’s account and deal with any redemption programs;
- redemption of privileges and receipt of news as a member;
- notification of any amendment to the membership program;
- handling and following up of services, enquiries and complaints;
- verification of your identity and customers profile updates.
Purposes for which it is only voluntary for you to provide your personal data are:
- maintain, administer and improve our systems (improve the content and features of our website by making modifications using information such as your usage, history and preferences)
- to enable us better to understand the demographics of our customers;
- for internal research and analysis to enable us to provide rewards, services and product information or offerings better tailored to your needs;
- market research;
The types of Information/personal data collected may include but not limited to:
- Contact details (including full name, mailing address, email address, mobile and other telephone number)
- Personal details (including age, date of birth, gender, occupation, country of residence, interest and hobby)
- Health and skin concerns
- Contact details of appointed friends or others
- Any means of communication with us
- Purchase history and other information obtained from your usage activity on our website (such as pages viewed and content) where an account is opened and/or order has been made.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes below for various services and products, if you do not wish us to use your personal data for use in direct marketing as described, you may exercise your opt-out rights by notifying us.
- communicating to you regarding new product/service launch and other promotional offers of our group;
- communicating to you regarding our promotional events;
- marketing and reward programs, birthday celebration offers, free sampling, digital campaigns, roadshow/outpost, in store promotion updates;
- communicating joint promotions or event news with business partners and
- cross brand joint promotions and/or events.
We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may transfer/assign such data to the following parties:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us in connection with the processing and storage of your data;
- parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates of MY Space
- if we decide to sell any relevant part of our business, to any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor; and
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law.
However, we will not share your personal information with other product or service providers.
Except as mentioned in paragraph 3 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorised to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be kept on a separate server and will be password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this policy.
- Your Right to Access and Correction
You may at any time request access to and to correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may also ask us to delete you or your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address or email below. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers.
The person to whom (1) requests (i) for access to data or correction of data, (ii) for general information regarding our policies and practices with respect to personal data and (iii) about the kinds of personal data that we hold and (2) general questions and complaints should be sent to the below by mail or email:
By mail : Unit 1203 12/F, United Success Commercial Center, 508 Jaffe Road, Hong Kong
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retention of Data
We will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes. Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.